Thursday, September 3, 2020

Blog Post #1: My News Sources

Top 5 Sources of News & Information
Looking for News sites that I trust and are reliable in 2020, is not as easy as it sounds. In a world where "Fake News" has been so normalized and common, its hard to know what to believe and what not to believe. However, growing up in a small and mostly liberal town, I have come acustom to a few news channels and sites that I go to first when I want information fast, and information that I know is reliable. 

  1. The first site I always go to when looking for information is CNN. The reason I always look at CNN first is that this is a news source I have come accustomed to and a site that I have always found to be reliable. CNN also offers National and International News, and not just local or regional News, which is something that I look for when I need information or want to educate myself on what is going on in the world. 
  2. The second place I look is my local news site, Delaware Online. Because I live in such a small state, Delaware Online News Journal has everything from major DE news to the reason I heard fire trucks in my neighborhood at 3AM. When I need any information about my hometown, this is where I go. If I am driving down the road and see police cars and ambulances go past me, the first thing I do when I get to where I'm going is look on Delaware Online to see what's happening. Delaware Online has been my news source for all things Delaware for as long as I can remember and is something I will always find reliable. 
  3. The third place I look to get news is Good News Network, however, I don't look here for national news or information, I look here when I need a good pick me up or inspiring story. When I did TV production in High School and wrote the news every morning for our shows, I would immediately go to Good News Network when writing national or world news stories so that our show had some positive notes to it to brighten everyone's day. 
  4.  The fourth news source I find most trustworthy is NBC News, but more specifically NBC10, which is my local news station. In high school, I met many news anchors and reporters for NBC10 and they inspired me to go into communications, and ever since then, I have had a connection to NBC10 and they have become a news source I find very trustworthy. 
  5. The last news source I find trustworthy is Twitter. Over the past few months with everything happening in this country, I have found twitter as a valuable resource to get information that is not shown on the news, however I am aware that with twitter you must take everything you read with a grain of salt because you never know how accurate it is. However, I find a lot more truths on twitter than anywhere else on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post #11: Final Blog

 My Relationship With Technology As someone who was born at the beginning of the 21st century, I have grown up with technology in the back o...