Thursday, October 15, 2020

Blog post #7: Technology #2

 Twitter

    One of the technologies that someone did was Twitter, and I was very interested in this one because I am such an avid twitter fan. Danny Shay talked about the invention of twitter and how it was originally "twittr". Twitter was invented in 2006 and was originally used for podcast makers to speak with other podcast makers to discuss their podcasts. However, by 2012 over 100 million users were actively tweeting and checking twitter daily.



Throughout the last few years, Twitter has blown up and has become so important in today's culture. Twitter has become a news source and a resource for so many young adults, including myself, to stay informed and updated on what is going on in the world. Personally, I don't watch the news regularly so I use Twitter as a way to stay up to date on what is happening worldwide. However, with twitter, you have to beware of fake news, as with every news source, but be extra careful with twitter because anyone can post anything on twitter, which is one of the negatives of this platform. But like I said, the positive side is that it keeps people in the loop and continues to help people stay informed. 

Twitter is my personal favorite social media platform and I enjoyed learning a lot more about it and how it was made by Danny Shay!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post #11: Final Blog

 My Relationship With Technology As someone who was born at the beginning of the 21st century, I have grown up with technology in the back o...